Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Interracial Dating: I'm Jess Sayin!


I know most of you all are over the topic of interracial dating...well TOO bad because I've got to add my 3 cents! So I know someone that married a white man, I have a few amigos that date outside their race, (majority white men), and I have a few homeboys that date and married women outside of their race. I also know a few that have become Latin lovers; and while I think Heidi Klum and Seal were bout the UGLIEST couple---it isn't because he black and she is white it is mainly
because that man is MUG...I jess find him to be incredibly unattractive...I could care less of the fact that they are different races. Anyway, all and all in 2013, y'all will date anybody and there is nothing wrong with that....

Now, before you think I'm gonna go on some "black empowerment tour" slow your roll...I don't have an issue with who people date. I honestly don't give a shit LOL Don't get it twisted, I'm not the type to think you should only date within your race; afterall, a man can be crazy as brown, white, pink, or purple...and so can a woman.
However, I do think dating outside your race does change the "WAY" you treat people of your same race. I'm only speaking from my interactions...
For example, Beth..she's black and she married a white man and to say the least she is kept very well. Beth works every day and she isn't a stay at home mom, but if she wanted to be she could be. Super cool person, but sometimes when we talk she always wants to discuss "sista" things like "oh girl where did you buy your weave from, it never looks fake" or Oh I need another sista around who understands my nappy roots type deal... And while we cool or whatever, I feel like she is over compensating because she married a white man---I'm Jess Sayin I didn't know her as a single person, but without me even asking she voluntarily said that she started dating white men because "brothas" weren't doing here right. ---Firstly, the whole "brotha" & "sista" slang is so played out I get frustrated no one talks like that anymore or at least not in real life. Secondly, people always voluntarily give info when they think your curious about their life decision. I could care less, of why you date billy bob as long as he's not calling you "the n-bomb" or disrespecting you as a woman--it is all good. Beth, although she is black--tries to "defend" her race by attempting to portray she didn't "sell out"--As crazy as men are, how dare anyone be worried about a "sell out"--I'm Jess Sayin' we've got bigger problems!

I also know a black man who dated black women...then decided to date women of other races. He claims he began dating these girls for a few reasons. 1. He found them attractive. 2. The black women he encountered   jess weren't that poppin. He says the girls he dated; their race did not dictate their attitudes, they give jess as much attitude, bossiness, and sass as any black woman can give.
Of course the stereotype that black men like to date women of other races to control them and to be cared for by them but this guy didn't feel that way. He really says he Jess happened to be attracted to a woman that wasn't black . Although he says his attitude toward black women isn't different, he mentioned how he gets more attention from white women. So my thought is this, are you asserting yourself enough to be noticed by black women or is it jess a personal preference to do what is comfortable? Seriously! If I was a guy and all the ladies was jockin' J-mack (because that is clearly what my man name would be) I'd stick to what I know..Easy play. No hard work. Still score! --I'm Jess Sayin!

I also have a friend that only dates Latino women, Cletus. He says he prefers to date Latin girls because they are "more understanding", he jess thinks they are "so sexy", and they usually come from two parent households  which he believes makes them are easier to talk to.--But from reality TV [I KNOW RATCHET EXAMPLES, SO!]..my favorite station VH1 to be exact got the latino shawty, Erica Mena acting a hot cray mess and from what I have heard about Latino women is: they will treat you good--but if you do them wrong they go American Psycho on your ass...[YIKES Be careful cletus]-- I know all women are crazy---I'm Jess Sayin'

My personal opinion is this when you date outside your race--whether you'd like to admit it or not, there is a tiny bit of insecurity followed by compensation. Also, some date outside their race because it is easier. Men say women are hard to understand and African American women are harder and that sterotype is so damn old, I really wish y'all would find something else to say about us...LOL--I'm not hating I'm Jess Sayin'. Whatever you are into, short, tall, fat, skinty, black, white, asian, mexican, bi-polar, hyper, happy, or sad. Do your thing...This love thing isn't an easy road. Do your thing, .and Jess do it for love!

1 comment:

  1. Since Im watching this game I aint funna get too deep into my comment. It may be an issue from both sides. I believe that black women generally believe or at least initially have some thoughts that a black guy will get some on the side so they tend to have their guard up which in return could frustrate a guy or make him think she's "on some bullshit". Now after experiencing this a few times he now dates a white or whatever other type of women who doesn't have an 8ft high wall up and treats him just based on what he is showing her.

    ReplyDelete